BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 1, 2010

Vancity Loves Haiti


Peace Peace Y'all


So the boys and I checked out this dope benefit show at Fortune Sound Room last night. The bill was stacked with a lot of ill local artists. The vibe was nice and everyone was there rockin out for a good cause.

As I walked in.. the homie Omar Khan was steppin on the stage and filled the room with a ton of soul

I figured Omar was the first act on. but I found out later that I missed my girl NaRai!! I've been meaning to see her live for way too long and missed it.. whack! I know she killed it though
http://www.myspace.com/naraimusic

One girl I had never heard of before, Georgia Murray, really surprised and pretty much blew me away...this girl can sing!! She had a dude up on stage with her rippin an acoustic but the beats were BANGIN! it was ill! check her!
http://www.myspace.com/georgiamurray

Love & Electrik came up next and transported me to Japan haha. Some dope funk and electro gave me that vibe! First time seeing this duo and it was dope!
http://www.myspace.com/loveandelectrik

Alright, so Erica Dee was not on the flyer and I was not expecting her to be there but she showed up and rocked an ill dj/vocal set. I've been following this girl for awhile now and not gonna lie, I have a crush on her so it was good to see her rock it. Raw Talent!
http://www.myspace.com/mcericadee
She also brought up my good friend David Morin for a song... these two rip it together!


So usually when violins meet hip hop.. it is undeniably dope..last night was no different.. Suzka came on stage and KILLED THINGS... thats all i have to say
http://www.myspace.com/suzkamusic

I was waiting for this moment all night.. battle of the one man bands.. Randy Ponzio vs David Morin haha who are we kidding? these two can't battle they are equally as dope and do some ridiculous shit with a loop pedal..extremely talented! extremely genuine!
http://www.myspace.com/questpoetics


The infamous beat battle ended off the night. I wish they had this earlier on in the evening because it wasn't as hype as it could have been but was still real dope regardless

Kemo vs. Chin Injeti

If y'all don't know either of these producers then you need to step your game up lol
they both got an extensive production catalogue( Kemo produced "dangerous" by akon & Kardi also "Top of the World" by the Rascalz) ( Chin has done beats for Jay-Z, Drake, Jay Electronica just to name a few.. he gave us a sneak preview to an unreleased jay elec track and lets just say my neck still hurts WOW) They exchanged banger after banger... check em out
I think Chin took the battle though
I had no idea he produced this





I gotta admit that I'm proud to be a resident of this city full of extremely talented musicians, rappers, singers, and artists. We make music together, we are friends, this community is all about love. For those who are just finding out about some of these cats.. I hope i introduced you to some new music that you enjoy! I send my condolences and wishes to all those affected by the terrible disaster in Haiti. We sent them love from Vancity last night and even though they are miles away, they definitely felt and heard us!

Ray Black

oh and big ups to Lantern girl for guiding the way all night!lol



0 comments: